Raise your hand if you’ve been personally victimized by illnesses this year?! 🙋
Especially during this time of the year, where catching a cold is inevitable. Unfortunately, there is no cure all (girl, I’d be all over that). But, there are a few things you can do to make yourself a little less miserable. 🤒
Let’s talk prevention first:
1. Wash those hands
2. Get your vitamin C with fruits & veggies. Or, try these! 🍊
3. Lots of rest.
4. Stay hydrated & on top of those nutrients!
But, if you do get sick like I’m bound to, here are some ideas that might help you bounce back faster…or knock you out so you don’t even know you’re sick 😷💤
1. Hot Toddy: 1 oz. Bourbon, 1 TBSP. Honey, 2 TSP. Lemon Juice, 1/4 cup boiling hot water. Stir until dissolved, goodnight.
2. Hot Tea: Green tea, Chamomile tea, Rose hip tea, or Spice blend tea. Add lemon & honey to taste. It will help to loosen mucus, soothe sore throat, open nasal passages, & honey and lemon are good antibacterials. (Tip: 1 TSP. of Honey can soothe throat & cough)
3. Pain/Fever Reducer as needed.
4. Humidification: Hot shower, steam from boiling pot of water, or humidifier.
& If none of these work and you are not getting better, seek medical attention.
Good luck! If you all have any tips or home remedies, send them our way! We love avoiding the Dr. if possible.
Autumn & Elizabeth