Too often I feel like life gets the best of us. Before we know it we feel drained and lifeless, too tired from the fast paced days. But what do we do, we pick ourselves back up! Just need a little TLC, that’s all ♥
Self care is one of the most important things we can do for ourselves physically & mentally. So, if you’re needing a much deserved break but aren’t quite sure how to show yourself some love, just keep reading for our best tips!
- REST. Literally do nothing. Watch some TV or listen to music, just let your body unwind.
- Take a walk. It’s been proven to release endorphins which in turn make you happier!
- Take a bubble bath. Use something scented with lavender to help relieve all the stress. LUSH has some amazing products for that.
- Moisturize. After a nice, warm bath lotion up! Not only will you look better, but you’ll feel better. & that’s what it’s all about.
- Self skin checks & breast exams. Nothing says self love like keeping yourself as healthy as possible!
- Write down your thoughts. Sometimes getting it all out on paper gets it out of your head.
- Read a book. Escape the world & expand your mind at the same time!
- Turn off your phone. Even if it’s for an hour. Social media has a tendency to be a total downer sometimes.
- Practice good dental hygiene! Whether it’s using crest white strips or taking a trip to the dentist, a beautiful smile is such a confidence booster.
- Open the windows. If you’re feeling down, there’s nothing worse than being “trapped” inside. Try to open some windows & relax with the nice breeze.
- Sun bathe. I’m not talking tanning, but just literally being in the sun. Everyone needs some vitamin D in their life.
- Blast some music & dance. Make playlists for when you’re happy, sad, or anywhere in between. Then turn it on & let all the stress of the day just dance away…literally.
- Paint/draw/color. Focusing on a specific task is a great way for me to calm down. Instead of having 100mph thoughts running through my head, I’m zoned in on what I’m creating.
Remember, don’t get so caught up in the business of life that you forget to care for yourself. Because after all, YOU are the most important thing in your life.
Autumn & Elizabeth