Hi guys! Chances are, if you’ve clicked on this post you may be struggling with anxiety too. It’s not something many people talk about, but thankfully some do so we can learn different ways to cope. Mental health is no joke, and we’re here to say that you are not alone. It’s easy to feel isolated when you’re having constant battles internally, but it doesn’t have to be that way! Our messages are always open for anyone who needs to talk. ♥
Today, we wanted to share some of our tips for dealing with anxiety when it hits. *Of course everyone is going to be different, especially when talking about mental health. These tricks may not work for you! We are not licensed therapists, so be mindful of that if you end up not getting the results you were hoping for.
1. Essential Oils– Lavender is known to reduce signs of stress and anxiety. We use essential oil bracelets so we can have that scent whenever we feel the need.
2. Memory Game– When you start to feel the onset of an anxiety attack, try to focus on something you remember like dog breeds you know, or types of cars. Anything you really have to think about that will avert your attention from the anxiety.
3. Coloring or Writing in a journal– Coloring requires you to focus on the detail of whatever picture you are working on. Also, writing down your thoughts helps you to get a clear image of what is going on in your head and maybe what brought on that anxiety. It’s like venting, but nobody is around to judge!
4. Listen to Music– This is a super fun way to lift your spirits. I know that when I start to feel pretty lame, I like to turn on music that makes me want to dance. Again, taking focus off of what is causing the panic.
5. Talk to Someone– This one can be easier said than done. Sometimes with mental health issues, the last thing one wants to do is open up to someone else about it. But, this can also be the most beneficial. Talk to someone you trust and love, or maybe try out a therapist. Absolutely nothing to be ashamed about!
Hopefully one of these will help someone out there struggling with anxiety just like us. It’s more common than one might think, and there are a ton of ways to receive help.
Try out this website for more information about different types of anxiety.
Autumn & Elizabeth