Hi guys 😊 I’m back finally with an updated skincare routine. It’s basically the same as my first ever skincare routine post HERE – so don’t get too excited! But, I have switched a couple things up and have been loving the way they work on my skin.
Let me give you a little background. I have combination skin, however, it is mostly dry. I have dry cheeks, nose, and forehead. But, the sides of my nose and chin are majorly oily & acne prone, especially with hormonal breakouts. So, it’s pretty difficult to create the perfect product lineup. Considering I need to have different products for each area on my face. 🙄
By saying that, I also need to disclose that I do not wash my face with any kind of soap ever (unless I’m having a super bad breakout then I use this). Soap dries my skin out to pieces and takes days to get back to normal moisture levels, so I just skip this step completely.
Let’s jump right in to the routine shall we? Don’t forget to watch my video here so you can see how I do everything!
1. Neutrogena Face Wipes– I have used many, many makeup remover wipes over the years. These are hands down my favorite. They’re the only ones that don’t break me out, while also removing all of my makeup, including waterproof mascara! I know they’re a little pricey, but worth every penny in my opinion.
2. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water– Ok, hands down this is the most important product I use! The way it works is so cool. Tiny little micelles act like magnets on your skin to pull out all of the dirt and impurities! Even after using the face wipes, the cotton pad still comes out dirty after using this! That’s how you know it works.
3. Pixi Beauty Glow Tonic– My skin has become so much brighter & dewy after using this product. It has no alcohol, so it does not dry my skin out (thank god!). But it’s tough enough to exfoliate all of the dead skin off of my face after cleansing.
4. E.L.F. Cosmetics Hydrating Water Essence– OMG!! I will never stop using this stuff, like ever. I put it on before any of my moisturizers, so they will have a better chance of getting soaked up by my skin & be able to perform better. Not only does it smell amazing, but it has amazing ingredients like coffee, coconut water, and algae. I use it alone as a moisturizer on my chin, and it calms my breakouts. LOVE.
6. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream– You guessed it! I have dry under eyes too.. how unfortunate. This stuff is great at moisturizing. It also claims to reduce wrinkles, but I haven’t noticed that yet. (Ok, you got me…I skip this step a lot) BUT, I try to remember!!!
That’s it y’all! 😁 Of course these products will work different for everyone, we weren’t born with the same skin types. But, if you do happen to try it & it works out for you, I hope you love it as much as I do. ♥
Now this isn’t some holy grail, clear all acne routine. I wish it was. I still have my occasional hormonal breakouts, but I’m a human being so it’s whatever. This is just what works for me right now to keep my skin looking as best as possible. 👏
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE with your email below! Thanks for reading lovelies.
Autumn & Elizabeth